Monday, February 22, 2016

Mom Has MSA

I mentioned previously that my mom has been having health problems for the past couple years, pretty much since Jeff died. Well, we finally have a diagnosis after two years and an enormous amount of testing:

Mom has Multiple System Atrophy (MSA) or what used to be called Shy-Drager Syndrome.   MSA or Shy-Drager syndrome is a rare condition that causes progressive damage to the autonomic nervous system.  It is a progressive neurodegenerative disease.  There is no cure and no remission.  There is no treatment for MSA itself, they just treat the symptoms.

I have so many emotions yet feel numb at the same time.

I want to say at least it's not cancer, but then again, at least cancer can be treated and go into remission.

Somehow, my mom managed to get something worse than cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment