Monday, January 19, 2015

Distractions

I am trying very hard to distract myself this month.  It has not been the best month.

I worked so hard to get through the holidays and the one year anniversary. Then New Years came and went and the idea of new hope and new beginnings started getting to me, especially after my co-worker died on January 2nd. I got a little depressed. I had a few days where I just didn't really want to get out of bed. It was a struggle to do anything. Luckily, it didn't last too long and I was able to pull myself out of it through exercise, going back to work, and getting on a better eating and sleeping schedule.

I'm also saying yes to every invitation I receive for parties, dinners, pub crawls, you name it.  I am saying yes to anything and everything.

I also agreed to allow one of my friends to create an eHarmony profile for me with the stipulation that I do not want to actually meet anyone on eHarmony just yet, I really just want a pen pal.

The idea of going on a date with someone and them potentially touching me or kissing me makes me shudder and cringe still.  But I'm lonely, and I would like some companionship, even if it's only in the form of an email. I'm good at writing, hence a pen pal is the perfect solution. I'm doing what I call "fishing."  I'm essentially sending out smiles and questions to practically every single one of my "matches" as long as they live in a different state.

So far, I'm getting some nice back and forth which is the perfect distraction.  It's nice to have an email waiting in my inbox from someone wondering how my day was.

No comments:

Post a Comment