Monday, May 2, 2016

Back to School

According to Wyoming we will be celebrating our first year together on May 11th.  He is such a sentimental and romantic guy, he knows the exact date because it's the first day we sent non-eHarmony emails to each other.

He will be flying into town the weekend after May 11th and he picked out a restaurant here in San Diego that I've never been to that is right on the water.

He even got a new suit for the occasion, which means I need to get a dress!

Every once in a while, Jeff liked to make a reservation at a fancy steak house or Italian restaurant and we would have a night out on the town and get all dolled up, but usually we stayed home and cooked something wonderful (well he usually grilled and I cooked side dishes and dessert) and hung out in our sweats and got fat; that's how we usually celebrated. 

I was mentioning this to a really good friends' mom, who I go out to dinner with frequently and who has always given me phenomenal advice and support.  Here's the conversation:

Me:  Wyoming likes the finer things in life.  I feel I need to step my game up.  Jeff never even owned a suit and Wyoming has a couple already and he just bought a new one for this occasion!

Her: It certainly will not hurt you to get dressed up.  You need to enjoy the finer things that Wyoming wants to share with you.

I just got schooled, as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment