It's been five months today since Jeff died. I feel like this has been the toughest month so far.
I came across an article I read online that really resonated with me by Thomas Fiffer titled "When a 'Good' Man Loves a Woman." Here it is if you want to read it yourself. It melted my heart. I had a good man. I didn't need this article to tell me that Jeff was a good man. It just reminded me how good he really was and how lucky I really was.
Below are some of my favorite quotes from the article that Jeff epitomized:
- When a good man loves a woman...he is present...he never ignores her...he shows up in her life again, and again, and again.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is patient...he answers the same question over and over again.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is committed...he holds a space in his heart for her that no one else can enter...if she gave him a ring, he wears it.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is grateful...he is appreciative of her gifts...he wears the clothes she buys him.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is smitten...he saves her cards and letters...forever (I am still finding cards I gave Jeff throughout our ten years hidden around the house. You have no idea how wonderful this makes me feel)...he sneaks a sniff of her underwear (you have no idea how embarrassing this is to admit and how sick I thought he was for doing it...but it's true and it blows my mind that it showed up in a published article). he sneaks a sniff of her underwear in the laundry.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is respectful...he treats her friends as his own.
- When a good man loves a woman...he values her independence...he never tries to control her...he doesn't always need to know where she is.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is generous...he gives unrelentingly and unresentfully...he doesn't keep a running tab.
- When a good man loves a woman...he is fearless...he's not afraid to show his love for her...he is not afraid to cry in her arms.
When a good man loves a woman … he is present.
… he doesn’t just listen, he hears.
… he never ignores her.
… he stays up with her when she can’t sleep.
… he shows up in her life, again, and again, and again.- See more at: http://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/good-man-loves-woman-fiff/?utm_source=Friday+May+2%2C+2014&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact+May+2+2014&utm_medium=email#sthash.PHDppyow.dpuf