Monday, February 16, 2015

So Hard Still

I just got back from the memorial service for my co-worker from my old school. I mentioned her in a previous post.

I feel like I've been to more funerals and memorial services in the past two years than I've ever been to in my entire life.

They are still so hard to go to. I'm not saying that anybody enjoys going to these kinds of things but each one brings back such strong feelings and memories. The grief is just so strong and it just kind of puts me in a funk for a little while.

I'm just trying to think about how Jeff and Anitra are somewhere kicking back and having a beer together. They are pain free, carefree, and enjoying themselves and high diving each other over a life well lived.

That way of thinking helps, but we can't help but be selfish and wish our loved ones were still with us, which is what makes these kinds of things so hard still.

2 comments: