Thursday, November 10, 2016

The Month for Giving Thanks

It's November, the month of Thanksgiving, and the time to give thanks and be grateful for who and what we have in our lives.  Sometimes this is a difficult endeavor for those who are experiencing grief.

I was reading a blog and came across this entry that had random thoughts and stray quotations.  Some of these helped me get into the thankful mindset.  Here are a few that I especially liked.  Hopefully they too can help you get into the mindset of being thankful leading up to Thanksgiving.

  • Is the glass half full or half empty? I say it depends upon whether you are looking down on the glass or up at it. If you are looking down, it is half empty, if you are looking up from the bottom, it is half full.
  • Nothing needs to change in your life situation or the world in order for you to have peace of mind.
  • THE SENILITY PRAYER: Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
  • Always Remember: You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!!!  When you have come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step out into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly.  Inch by inch, life's a cinch; yard by yard life is hard.  I did not have to let the terms of a disease define me. I could redefine the terms. (Michel J. Fox)
  • You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life. (Zig Ziglar)
  • Life is all about the moments shared with family and the people you loved that can never be taken away.





No comments:

Post a Comment