Thursday, August 10, 2017

My Mom Said To Look For Signs

While my mom was in hospice, we talked about the spiritual world and I asked her to be sure to come back and check on me.  She told me to look for signs.  Sometimes I can be a bit oblivious in normal everyday life, so my mom would literally have to smack me at times to get my attention.  I told her to smack me from the spiritual world so I don't miss her signs.

I believe that my mom has sent me signs.  A few days after my mom died, I was driving in my car and a yellow and black butterfly was flying very close to my windshield.  It stayed hovering in front of my windshield for about 30 seconds, even though the car was moving, it maintained the same position.  I have never had a butterfly hang out that long.  Usually they flit about and disappear before I can get a really good look at them.  I immediately thought it was a sign from my mom.

A few days after the first butterfly incident, I was walking my dog on a trail that I have walked on for the past 7 years where I rarely ever see butterflies.  Another yellow and black butterfly, around the same size as the butterfly I saw in my car, flew around me while I was walking and hung around for another 30 seconds or so.  I immediately remembered the previous butterfly I had seen while driving and had a sense that mom was coming to visit again.

I have seen the same yellow and black butterfly twice now.  I honestly think that it is not a coincidence, that it is my mom coming to say hi and she is flitting about like she did before she got sick.  She is free to fly around now after being bedridden for over a year.

I felt a sense of peace and calm both times I saw that yellow and black butterfly and was able to take some much needed, satisfying deep breaths.

I hope mom comes to visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment