Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Great Words of Advice

I came across a note in my phone from months ago that had some great words of advice from an article I must have read somewhere.  In my widow brain, I didn't get the citation information so I apologize for not giving credit where credit is due but these words of advice must have been helpful to me right after Jeff died and they are still helpful to me now:

"Stay in the present moment.  Don't look too far ahead, you are just predicting what you cannot know.  Don't give the voices (both fears and dreams) in your head too much credit, they are ghosts of past relationships and patterns that might need to be discarded."

My birthday is coming up in a week.  I'll be a 35 year old widow.  I had 24 birthdays before Jeff and I had 10 birthdays with him.  I never thought that I would spend a birthday without him but cancer really ruined that.  So this will be my first birthday without him, with many more birthdays without him to come. 

I'm going to try and remember this quote to get me through, not only this birthday, but the many more that will follow.

I hate cancer for making me a widow.


There is only one way forward for either of us. Stay in the present moment. Don’t look too far ahead, you are just predicting what you cannot know. Don’t give the voices (both fears and dreams) in your head too much credit, they are ghosts of past relationships, and patterns that might need to be discarded. - See more at: http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/dating-divorce-whats-worst-happen-gmp/#sthash.GXWIcn5O.dpufSt

No comments:

Post a Comment