Thursday, January 28, 2016

When You Find Yourself Struggling

Even though I'm two years into my grief, there are still times that I struggle.  I know this is completely normal.

I know I'm not the only person who struggles and I can't help but think about all the people who struggle in everyday life even though they haven't lost their spouse.

Something that I consistently do is try to read and watch positive things, whether they are books, articles, quotes, signs, movies, or shows, and surround myself with upbeat, supportive people.

I try to stay away from horror movies, sad stories and shows, and anything else that could potentially snowball into sadness, anxiety, or depression.  I always say, life is hard enough, why do I want to spend my free time when I'm happy, watching or reading something that would make me sad?

But sometimes, all of those upbeat and constructive things just aren't enough.  If you're like me and you find yourself struggling, consider these 5 powerful affirmations to help you get through, to help you think positively, to refocus.  I know they help me!

Another thing I do is I try to wake up every morning thanking the universe, Jeff, the angels, the world, (and any other entity) for the things that are good in my life.  This reminds me to focus on all things positive and it's a great way to start the day.

It's also a good way to remind ourselves that even though we may endure tough times, there is a lot in life that is positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment