Thursday, June 2, 2016

Here Comes Summer!

It's finals week this week, the most stressful and exhilarating week of the year.  Both kids and teachers are over it!  I'm sure the parents are over it too.

I can't wait to finish everything up: get through finals, finish grades and submit them, supervising the graduation ceremony, filing, organizing, and cleaning up my classroom, then turning out the lights for 6 weeks until we do it all over again with a different set of kids.

Last year around this time, I was feeling sad and guilty.  I had just started talking to Wyoming and was looking forward to meeting him for the first time, but also missing Jeff so very much and feeling nostalgic for my past summers with him.

This summer I am still looking forward to seeing Wyoming (I will be flying out there for 10 days next week) and I'm still missing Jeff, but the pain is not as sharp.

I know Jeff is with me, as I was typing this, our wedding song came on Pandora.  I don't hear our wedding song very often, so when I do hear it in random places and at random times, I honestly feel that Jeff is communicating with me.

I feel like he knows how much I still love him, and I also know he wants me to be happy.  As Mean Jean says, "guilt is a useless emotion" and we all know about my guilt monster!

I am so grateful and relieved that the pain of missing the love of my life isn't so sharp.

I'm looking forward to the summer and all that it has to bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment