Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lucky Me?

Who doesn't hate cancer?  Anyone who has experienced cancer in any way knows the trauma of cancer.  My story is how cancer made me a young widow.  

My husband is the love of my life and notice I am not using past tense verbs.  He IS the love of my life.  I was lucky (notice the past tense verb here) that he chose me to share his life. So lucky that I chose "Lucky" by Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz as our first dance at our wedding.  We were married April 8, 2011.  His heart stopped beating at 5:15 am December 29, 2013.  My favorite numbers are 8 and 12 and his was 29.  Sometimes when I explain the significance of those numbers, I have to shake my head because my husband was never a planner.  But somehow his soul planned.  Maybe luck is a matter of perception?

No comments:

Post a Comment