Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back to Work

I'm back to work.  I've been back for a little while now.  I think every widow weighs the pros and cons of going back to work.  I teach high school English to sophomores and juniors.  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
Keeps me busy, which keeps my mind off of things. 
I gotta pay my bills
Majority of my colleagues are good people and mean well
Sometimes the kids are hilarious

Cons:
People say stupid things
Reminds me of Jeff since I started this job when we first started dating 10 years ago
I hate the sad, head tilt and the "how are you doing?" questions
Sometimes the kids drive me nuts and I want to hit them

The first few days were pretty hard, but it's gotten a little better.  Just gotta keep trucking along I guess.  Someone has to torture these teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment