Friday, September 25, 2015

What a Difference a Year Makes

Why Would You EVER Mention Your Spouse's Name on a Date?

Oh c'mon.

Don't you know better?

That guy (or girl) doesn't want to hear about it.  All of your past experiences?  Your life?  

He doesn't want to hear about how your husband stood by you while you studied and worked for a degree.  She doesn't want to hear about that moment when your children were born.

He could care less about the moment you met.

She doesn't like it when you mention your wife.  At all.


Why would you ever consider sharing your life with 
someone who doesn't care about...your life?

This Widow Chick post resonated with me specifically because one of my friends and I got into a heated discussion about her disapproval of me dating Wyoming.

She literally asked me why I share information about Jeff's life and my life with Jeff with him.  How could I even think about telling him about such private information?  The look on her face was shocking to me as she was wholeheartedly repulsed at the idea of being so open and vulnerable about my life and Jeff with this man that I'm trying to spend my life with.  It was like she thought it was a betrayal or something.

Obviously I responded by saying that I was trying to start a relationship with him, why wouldn't I want him to know about Jeff and my life with Jeff?!

I also have to reflect right now about what a difference a year makes. I spent my birthday this year with Wyoming, traveling around Wyoming and South Dakota, checking out things I've never seen before like Devils Tower, Crazy Horse, and Mt. Rushmore.  We stayed at some awesome hotels, Victorian Inns, and little cottages. He took me to some fantastic restaurants. I smiled this year on my birthday instead of crying.

What a difference a year makes.  I feel like I've grown so much in a year which allowed me to be in a space in which to be vulnerable and open for love.

Why would I consider sharing my life and my life with Jeff with Wyoming?  What am I thinking?  I'm thinking I have a fearless heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment