Friday, November 27, 2015

This Thanksgiving, Thank You My Fellow Widows

It's Thanksgiving and some of us widows have a hard time finding things to be thankful for this holiday season.  Our chosen family has left us at no fault of our own.  We are grieving and hurting while it seems that others are basking in love.

Reading articles and other widow blogs are extremely helpful to me, especially when I am hurting.  I don't have anyone close to me who has experienced young widowhood and I crave community.  I crave to be understood.

This article reminded me yet again that I am "normal," that others currently and before me have experienced and are experiencing similar thoughts, feelings, grief, angst, guilt, and everything else I am experiencing.

I just want to say this Thanksgiving that I am thankful to the widow community and all those that support us in our times of need.  Without your wisdom, strength and compassion I would be lost.

Let us remember to be thankful for each other.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment