Friday, December 29, 2017

Four Years

It's been four years since I lost my best friend and partner. I cried this morning but I think the real sharp pain is from missing my mom, even though it's Jeff's four year anniversary today.  She is my original best friend and confidant. I pretty much told her everything in my life. When I think about him, I immediately think about her.

Jeff and my mom are two of my absolute favorite people.  

I hope they're together taking care of each other. I selfishly wish they were still here to take care of me and for me to take care of them. I miss them fiercely. My grief for them is infinite. 

The New Year is always right around the corner at Jeff's anniversary pressuring me and reminding me that life is what I choose to make it.  Life is short, I need to continue to strive for happiness even in my grief. 

I hope I continue to honor them both and their memories.

Bring on the New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment