Friday, April 20, 2018

Wyoming Is Officially Here

Over my spring break Wyoming and I drove out to Casper, Wyoming to close down his apartment.  It took us three days to drive out, three days to pack up his apartment and put most of it in a storage unit out there, and then three more days to drive back.  I drove one of his vehicles and he drove the other and both were packed full of the stuff that he wanted to bring with him.

With the fantastic weather in Wyoming it was a fun drive for this California girl who has never driven in sleet or snow (I meant that sarcastically) let alone a vehicle packed full of boxes and stuff.  It was not my favorite spring break to say the least but he is now officially here.

We are still working out where he is going to live but the plan as of now is that he will be living  on the land I bought back in April of last year in a travel trailer that he bought last month.  We are still waiting to get the land cleared so he has a spot to put the trailer so in the meantime he is staying with me. We all know how I feel about that from this post.

I made him get a little storage unit to house all of the stuff he brought with him.  This guy comes with a lot of stuff!  But I need to remember that it's normal, it is part of his whole life that he didn't leave behind in the storage unit in Wyoming.

This has been a stressful time for both of us.  He has given up his life with family and friends and his job out in Wyoming to be here with me.  He has to find a new job and figure out his new normal out in San Diego, which is quite a bit different than Wyoming.

I am grateful that he was willing to give so much up for me and move out here to be with me, but it's also a little scary since it means this is real and we are committing to a life together.  The last person I committed a life together with died so, you know, I hope that doesn't happen again.

Moving forward is awesome and frightening at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment