Wednesday, May 2, 2018

He Made Contact Again!

April 29th was the four year, four month anniversary of Jeff's passing.  I used to countdown and mark each 29th until one month I forgot and didn't.  Even though the anniversary of Jeff's death isn't at the forefront of my mind like it used to be, I still recognize it and count it most months. 

Some months are harder than others, but usually every 29th, I note that another month of my life has passed without Jeff.

This four year, four month anniversary, Jeff made contact again.  He didn't make contact with me though.  He made contact with Wyoming.  This isn't the first time he's made contact with Wyoming.  I wrote about the first time in this post.  

Wyoming woke up on April 30th to a missed call.  On his missed call log it showed that someone from a restricted number called with my husbands first and last name at 10:14 pm.  

Now I know that some people would say that it's just a coincidence, that maybe a salesman or someone called and he just happened to have the same first and last name as my husband and he just happened to call on the four year, four month anniversary of my husband's death.

But I don't believe in coincidences since Jeff died.  Now I think coincidences are really signs.  

I don't know why Jeff doesn't contact me.  Maybe he does and I just don't notice or recognize it?  But the way he contacts Wyoming definitely cannot be missed or go unrecognized.

Maybe this is Jeff's way of saying hi?  Maybe this is Jeff's way of acknowledging that he's still around?  Maybe this is Jeff's way of saying he knows Wyoming is staying in our house? 

I don't know why Jeff contacts Wyoming this way but all I know is that I'm happy he does because it proves that he's still out there watching over me.  It shows me that he is still around and he still cares.

I wish Jeff was still here, but even though he's not, I'll take whatever contact from him I can get, even if he doesn't contact me directly.  I still get his message.

No comments:

Post a Comment