Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Two Hundred Posts!

Wyoming is Officially Here was  my 200th post.  I can't believe I have written 200 posts.  I remember when I was surprised that I made it to 100 posts.

I started this blog to help me deal with the grief over losing my husband to lung cancer December 29, 2013.  I needed an anonymous outlet.  I'm not as anonymous as I used to be since I've posted a video of my first dance at my wedding and a picture of my uncle and my mom but since none of my family and friends know about this blog, I still feel anonymous when I write.

This blog has given me the opportunity to truly express my feelings; my ups and downs, my frustrations and triumphs, my happy times and my sad times, all while being honest and open without fear of hurting those close to me.

I know how much other widow blogs have helped me in the past and continue to help me and I do hope that what I have posted has helped others as well.  I know that writing about what I have been going through regarding the loss of my husband and how that loss has affected my life has been a form of therapy for me.  It gives me an outlet and an opportunity to work through my thoughts and feelings on situations as well as allowing me the opportunity to chronicle my growth and lack of growth. Going back and re-reading old posts helps me see how far I've come but also what I still need to work on.

Thank you to the handful of people who have been following my journey and have provided such positive comments.  We all know that grief is really hard and that everybody grieves and handles grief differently so it is nice to be able to connect with people and know that I'm not alone and help others realize that they aren't alone either, even if we are all on our own separate journeys.

I miss my husband every day and hate cancer for making me a widow, but I am grateful for the lessons I've learned and appreciative of all those who have supported me in good times and in bad.

I'm not quite sure how long I will continue to write.  I figure I will continue to write as long as I need to.  I might not post as often as I used to, but as we all know, life keeps happening whether we want it to or not, and we all need to keep learning and growing and moving forward as we live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment