Monday, May 21, 2018

A Not Forgotten Anniversary

Wyoming and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary together.  Since he's been in town, it's been a bit of a rough transition.  Overall, I think things are going well, but sometimes sharing space with a significant other can be challenging in the beginning.

Our 3 year anniversary landed on the Friday before Mother's Day.  I wrote about how difficult Mother's Day was for me this year in this blog post.

Because Wyoming and I had been fighting, neither one of us mentioned our anniversary.  The morning of our actual anniversary we got into a pretty big fight before I left for work.  Neither one of us said anything about our anniversary and I thought he forgot about it and he thought I forgot about it, but he surprised me by bringing a flower arrangement to my pilates studio after class and giving it to me.  Little did he know, that I had a big basket of about 30 different types of candies all wrapped up in my car for him, he has a huge sweet tooth.

I got a bouquet of flowers and he got a bouquet of candy.  It was perfect.

Wyoming admitted that he was pretty upset the morning of our anniversary because I was cranky and sad and I didn't mention our anniversary so he "got all up in his feelings."

We didn't go out to dinner or do anything fancy like previous years since I was still pretty sad about Mother's Day so I have a feeling we will celebrate later.

Navigating grief and love and grief and new relationships is hard.  But I am trying my best to be happy and to move forward.  I am grateful for all of the people who put up with me and my moodiness as I deal with my grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment