Friday, November 14, 2014

The Long Island Medium

This past weekend I was able to go see the Long Island Medium, Theresa Caputo for the second time.

The first time was about 6 months after Jeff died.  I went to see her in Palm Springs and was in the very last row in the venue.  There was no way I was going to even get a chance of being "read" but I went for the experience of it and I felt great after even though I didn't get read.

This second time I was able to get front row seats, but I still did not get read although half of my row and the people directly behind me all got read.

Now I know this whole idea of a person who talks to dead people is very controversial.  Trust me, when I started telling people that I bought tickets to go see her again I got comments all over the spectrum from people who wholeheartedly believed to people who felt like she is a scam artist and that she is taking advantage of people's grief and stealing their money.

I'm not trying to talk anybody into believing or not believing, that's not what this post is about.  Whether you believe or not, and whether I believe or not, is really not important. 

But what I do feel is important is her overall message.  I felt her message was very motivational. 

If you get anything from the show it's her message that our loved one's want us to be happy and they are in a better place.  Their soul continues to grow and change just like we continue to grow and change here in the physical world and that it is up to us how we decide to go on with our lives.

She also says that the messages our loved ones want us to hear are ones that we need to hear not want to hear.  Some of her statements are repetitive.  If you've seen the show, you know that a lot of the things she says tend to be similar types of messages.  But I still think there is something to her, which is her overall message that our loved ones want us to be happy.

I feel whether a person believes or not, her message is extremely motivational.  I feel she is a great motivational speaker and people who have lost their loved ones need some motivation.  They need the ability to move on with their lives.  Why would anyone we love, who loves us, want us to be unhappy?  Those who have left us still live on, just in a different way.  How can that not bring us happiness?

So even if people think she can't talk to dead people, her message is clear: go on with your life and be happy because that is what our loved ones would want. 

I thoroughly enjoyed her show both times.  Even though I didn't hear from Jeff, I feel like he is around, I see signs from him in my everyday life, I know he wants me to be happy.

Why would a skeptic want to ruin that?

No comments:

Post a Comment