Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Allegiant

Spoiler alert!  Tris dies! 

Four has a hard time dealing with her death obviously and he wants to take this serum that will erase his memory.  As I was reading this, I also thought how wonderful it would be to erase the pain I feel.  I mentioned in a previous post how I wanted to fast forward through grief and I realized, just like Four realizes, that we can't do that.

I love that the last couple of lines of the trilogy are:

"Life damages us, every one.  We can't escape damage.  But now, I'm also learning this:  We can be mended.  We mend each other."

How fantastic is that statement? 

But I think the key is that we need to allow ourselves to be mended.  We need to be grateful and thankful for those that we love and care about who are still here, especially during this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment