Monday, December 28, 2015

Two Years Eve

Tomorrow will be two years.

I feel like it's been a bit anticlimactic.  I got through Christmas relatively well. I've kept busy and maintained a strong workout schedule even though I've had a cold for the past two weeks that relapsed hard the day after Christmas.

I'm hoping tomorrow will just roll on by.  Of course I'll recognize the date my husband passed but I'll also still be breathing, moving, and essentially, living.  Might as well make that life happy.

I'm meeting two of my girlfriends for brunch tomorrow and then have plans with another girlfriend for dinner so I have things to do and won't be alone.

Then, on the 30th I will be flying out to Wyoming to spend New Years with Wyoming.  I'm looking forward to it.

I think making plans helps a lot.  I think surrounding yourself with positive, supportive people helps a lot.  I think exercising helps a lot.  I think having something positive to look forward to helps a lot.  I think all kinds of things can be done to help stay up and not let the deep, dark, black hole of grief suck you down.

It doesn't mean that I won't have moments of sadness, but I'm hoping that they will only be moments.

Looking back, I'm proud of all that I've accomplished.  I truly believe that Jeff is proud of me too and really, that's all I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment