Saturday, December 24, 2016

Last Christmas and This Christmas

Last Christmas I spoke about my mom having health problems and one of my uncles waiting for a lung transplant as well as a cousin who was recovering from a major heart attack, while another was in jail.

Unfortunately, we have more bad news in the family than good news with my mom's terminal illness progressing rapidly and now on hospice as well as my uncle having recently passed from complications from his lung transplant.

But I am trying to focus on the positive.  My cousin has had many close calls and after being in the hospital in and out of the ICU for 4 months, he's finally out and staying with my aunt while awaiting his heart transplant.  My other cousin is out of jail and is working.  We hope it stays that way.

The family is all coming together for Christmas and I'm sure it will be as crazy and chaotic as it has always been but I'm also sure it will be full of love and laughter as well.  Time will continue to march on and we will continue to adapt to change.

I will be leaving for Wyoming on the 27th to spend New Years with Wyoming and will be there over Jeff's third anniversary, which I'm trying to not freak out about. I'm continuing to fight my guilt monster and move forward in life.

The most important thing is to try not to fight the inevitable, to not battle change, to continue to flex and adapt as best as possible so that we may all find peace in our lives.  This Christmas, I wish peace for everyone.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment